Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I know there are two boards behind the dash on the passenger side of the truck. You access them through the glove box. But be forwarned, they control the abs, keyless entry, alarm, front and rear wipers, and your intermittent part of the front wipers.

What are you trying to do?

Joe

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm doing at lot of things but regarding the alarm, I'm doing the following.

1.- Viper Alarm 791XV and Remote Starter on a Manual Tranny. http://www.directed.com/security/viper/ ... ponder.asp
2.- Adding Auto Window roll down and up modules.

Unknow info:
* Not sure if the factory alarm has an starter kill when the factory alarm is armed. (if so it needs to be bypass) This might be a problem due to the remote start.

Everything else should be straight forward. Thanks for the info. If anyone has done a 2nd Gen remote starter any advance info will be appriciated. I will be doing this tonight and tomorrow night.

Thanks

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
There is a factory alarm over ride wire. I will look at my instruction sheet for my remote starter and let you know what color and where to locate said wire when I get home tonight.

Also, Tad may chime in here as well. He's the wiring guru.

Joe

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
It's Yellow/Blue in the drivers side kick panel. This is the factory alarm disable.

·
Registered
25 Posts
actually that yel/blu is factory alarm disarm. If you trigger the unlock and factory alarm disarm at the same time it will disarm the factory alarm, Honda guy there is no immobilizer on 99, only like 02 and up. The 99 factory alarm does have starter kill. It is actually easier to just disable/bypass the factory alarm and use a relay for starter kill then you don't have to worry about tying into the factory alarm at all. I have a remote starter on my 01 rodeo and did it myself along with my 530t's

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Well I can say for sure you cannot start your truck with the alarm module unplugged. So that would lead me to believe that there is some kind of starter kill on the 98's.

I could be wrong.

I've been known to be wrong in the past.

Joe

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you guys. I will try to bypass the alarm tonight. This is the only issue I have at the moment.

When I unlock the vehicle the factory alarm goes off.

I have the wiring information about this vehicle but they do not match.
Factory Alarm Disable Cable: Purple
Factory Alarm Arm Cable: Yellow/blue
I get no reading on this cables...not even at the factory module.

This is what I want.
Lock the vehicle with the Viper Remote and also activate the factory alarm.
Unlock the vehicle with the Viper Remote and deactivate the factory alarm.

Did you guys have to put a relay for the doom light supervision? The factory alarm has one built in, Could just tap into it without putting a relay?

The Remote Starter works with the Factory Alarm is armed.
Any comments will be appriciated. Thanks again. I will working on this tonight.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
On my Rodeo '98. I was able to arm the vehicle using the Factory Alarm and start the vehicle with the Key AND the Remote starter remote of the Viper.
So this leads me to believe that it's a funky remote kill in the fatory alarm, maybe is only active when the doors and the hood trigger it.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Glad to hear it. You need to post all of your mods in your signature. If you are spending the 380 per month I wanna see that list.

Joe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.