1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey there

halfway into my aisin install

took off flange covers, yadda yadda, put manuals on

c-clips have a gap behind them with the manuals on. doe this mean i have the inner part of the hub on backwards or is this correct?

if there is supposed to be a small gap behind the c-clips do i need to install some sort of spacer behind them or not and if so, what kind of spacer?

TIA

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
If you're trying to use the c-clip that was with the auto hubs, that is your problem. You will need a new snap ring for the Aisins. 27mm I think. It fits in a different groove on the shaft.

If you have the right snap ring, this is a new one on me :? How big of a gap are we talking?

HIH,
Andre

·
Premium Member
5,577 Posts
RodeoRed said:
hey there

halfway into my aisin install

took off flange covers, yadda yadda, put manuals on

c-clips have a gap behind them with the manuals on. doe this mean i have the inner part of the hub on backwards or is this correct?

if there is supposed to be a small gap behind the c-clips do i need to install some sort of spacer behind them or not and if so, what kind of spacer?

TIA
How large is the gap? The gap should be less than 1/8", but there will always be a small amount of play. Some hubs I've seen have small washers. Your hub flanges may have washers which you can re-use on the hubs.

-Tad

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so i figured out the gap, it was a hub put together wrong. i had to break the entirer thing down to scratch and build it. i did so following directions based on this page.

http://myweb.cableone.net/bcanderson/tr ... 0hubs.html

i got one side to work - it took forever...

now the allen key bolts on the other side won't budge. i'm afraid of stripping them.

no danger to driving one hub on one off for a bit??

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yeah those allen bolts are a pain. I took my aisin hubs off a 89 trooper and it felt like the bolts were welded on. I used a 12 inch extension with a large deep well socket to brake mine loose. I just slipped the deep well over the end of the ratchet and was able to get them all off with out breaking any.

·
Registered
52 Posts
RodeoRed said:
so i figured out the gap, it was a hub put together wrong. i had to break the entirer thing down to scratch and build it. i did so following directions based on this page.

http://myweb.cableone.net/bcanderson/tr ... 0hubs.html

i got one side to work - it took forever...

now the allen key bolts on the other side won't budge. i'm afraid of stripping them.

no danger to driving one hub on one off for a bit??
How did messing with the hub cover and pawl correct the gap on the cv spline?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.