Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm repacing my cv boots and planning on a hub rebuilt. 80 bucks per one hub rebuild from Indy is a little steep. And I believe that the only thing that I need is new pawls. Because the tabs on the ends of my pawls are completely mangled.

Any other avenues out there?

·
Registered
305 Posts
I'm in same boat....needing pawls as well for same type aisins. Can anyone help on parts only?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ha! I aint afraid of no hub. A trip to the south side of SA, to the strip off junkyards on New Laredo Highway of I-35 yielded an aisin. I found it sittin amonst manual hubs of yore at a truck salvage. 20 Bucks out the door. All I really needed was the pawl. Well, slapping on the new hub would be cheating. So I took it apart to see how it worked and rebuilt it. This article helped immensely http://www.off-road.com/toyota/tech/aisin/ . So, I will foregoe the rebuild kit.
Afterwards, I did a test drive in 4hi, and there was a clicking coming from the left side when turning. :roll: Time for a search query.

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
I would assume you should be able to get parts from Merlin at St Charles Isuzu 1-800-727-8066.

Joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.