Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have converted my 1993 3.1td auto bighorn to electric fans, i have one fit on the radiator and i have put one on the air con rad,

I have taken the trigger for the air con fan from the clutch on the air con compressor,

is this the best place for the trigger wire to come from or is there a better way to control the fan?

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
It will work but wont be as efficient as is should be. Once you get above a certain speed you no longer need the fan to run. Best way to control it is to replace the pressure switch on the receiver/dryer with the right one. Vehicles that have a fan from the factory have a 3 prong switch that does 3 things, high pressure cutout, low pressure cutout, and fan.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was looking at that, but not sure if any uk models had electric fans as standard, do you know what models had them fitted?

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
Over here anything with an automatic trans had the 3way switch and electric condenser fan. Thats how I got all the stuff to do mine. I stripped it all out of a 2nd gen rodeo at the salvage yard and spliced it into mine. Looks and operates just like it was from the factory.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts