Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 13 year old twin boys have a 1988 trooperII, we just finished installing Aisin manual hubs on it. We use it to go 4 wheeling in the mountains and take their quads to the dunes. Airing up the tires is always a hastle at the end of a day in the sand. Has anyone converted the stock AC pump into an air compressor? If so how? Thanks.

·
Registered
39 Posts
hey someone told me about that the other day and they were saying you could get something like 100 psi out of those things. i also would like to know how to do this sence i drive with the windows down and ac off.

·
Premium Member
5,577 Posts
Tony LaPolla said:
My 13 year old twin boys have a 1988 trooperII, we just finished installing Aisin manual hubs on it. We use it to go 4 wheeling in the mountains and take their quads to the dunes. Airing up the tires is always a hastle at the end of a day in the sand. Has anyone converted the stock AC pump into an air compressor? If so how? Thanks.
It can be done fairly easily. At the very least, you can cut the high pressure hose, install a barb'ed fitting, pressure relief valve, pressure switch, tank (under the rear seat works well as seen below), dash switch, pressure gauge, and quick disconnect.

To make it even better, run a coil of copper tubing from the output to in front of the radiator. The heat that those things can produce is surprising. Then install an oiler on the input, and an oil/water seperator on the outlet. Some kind of tank with a drain would be better than one with no drain. An in-dash pressure gauge would also be a nice improvement.

-Tad

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.