Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Saga continues.... Testing fuel Pressure on my 88 Trooper.. Was Showing Fine " 42 PSI", But just in case I tried my friends Tester "It has a clear hose". and I have Bubbles in my fuel Lines. He didn't believe they should be there. So, I'm asking You. Is This OK???
and if not what could be causing this??

At present, Symptoms are:
Hard to Start.. "Cranks but won't stay running, I can hold it at say 2000 rpms, but it will drop down unless I pat on the peddle to bring rpm back up.
Will idle, after it warms up, "But Poorly".
Will not accelerate. " No Diffrence no matter where the paddle is.."
Drinks Gas...
"Feels like Im pulling something"

At this Point I have Changed:
Fuel Pump and Screen, Fuel Filter, Mass airflow unit, Alternator (Used), Plugs, Wires, Dist Cap,
and Checked: Timing, Fuel Pressure, Vacuum Lines and Vacuum, Compression..

Mostly I worried about the Air Bubbles in the Lines!!! Thanks

·
Registered
943 Posts
I would check the Crank Angle Sensor, and also see if the cat convertor is clogged. Either one will cause these types of symptoms. In my 18 years of ownership of my 88 2.6 Trooper, I've had both of these happen to me.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I could tell the Crank Angle Sensor is in the Dist... is this correct?

So I Pulled one from the local salvage yard... Replaced it with no change... guess i'll try the Cat Converter next...

and back to the question about the air in the lines.... is this ok???? thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.