Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this forum...have a few questions about aftermarket wheels. I have a 96 Trooper (103k miles), which is in great shape but needs new tires soon. The stock wheels are a bit beat up, so I'm considering a new set of wheels when I buy the tires, but am not crazy about any of the stock Isuzu wheels that are available. On Tirerack.com I found a set of Borbet CW1 wheels that I like that apparently fit this vehicle. The size listed is 16X8, isn't the stock size of the 96 Trooper wheels 16X7? It also specifies the same tire size as I currently have for these wheels, which appear to be the bigger size. Anyone know anything about these wheels, is the weight capacity enough, are they any good? Also, what other wheels is anyone else using that go well with this model Trooper without any major mods? I want to try and keep stock size to avoid any problems with the speedometer and such. Any help or comments is appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You don't have to keep the same wheel size to keep from effecting the speedo, as long as your tire has the same diameter you'll be good to go. I have found that tirerack lists wheels for vehicles that don't actually fit perfectly on the vehicle. You will be better off calling them, and talking to one of their reps about the wheel you are interested in.
Brandon

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have 95 Trooper LS and went up to a 265/75/16 with plenty of room front and back. Looks a TON better in my opinion.

One note about speedo correction. It DID effect my speedometer by 5 miles per hour at 55mph, and the faster I go, the more off it is. (I think about 7 mph off at 70.) I havent had it changed, but just thought you should know.

Good luck.

Ryan

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RemingtonD said:
I have 95 Trooper LS and went up to a 265/75/16 with plenty of room front and back. Looks a TON better in my opinion.

One note about speedo correction. It DID effect my speedometer by 5 miles per hour at 55mph, and the faster I go, the more off it is. (I think about 7 mph off at 70.) I havent had it changed, but just thought you should know.

Good luck.

Ryan
Thanks for the replies. Did you fit those tires without any lift? I'm considering doing the same, moving up to a 255 or 265 tire, but do not want to do any lift, most of my driving is highway driving. In terms of wheels, i'm concerned about backspacing, don't want the wheels sticking out too much. I'm considering a black rock crawler wheel, 16x8 size, 4 3/4in backspacing with the possibly the tire sizes I just mentioned, but don't want the wheels to stick out too much or affect performance too much. Reason I'm going with new wheels is because my original factory ones have seen better days, and I figured out that for the same price or even cheaper than it would be to get original stockk wheels, I can go with a nicer set of aftermarket ones.

·
Registered
15 Posts
To see what 265/75/16's look like check out the picture section. It shows my trooper before and after.

http://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic.php?t=419

I did put on a 1 1/2" lift as well as new shocks and switched the rubber sway bar bushings for a polyurathane set. There is plenty of room for the tire. I haven't heard of anybody rubbing with the 265/75/16's on and no lift. Some have gone to 285/75/16's with no lift and noticed rubbing only at pretty good flex

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.