Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The entire time i have had my rodeo the fuel gauge has not worked and i cannot figure out why ive done all i know to do so i was wondering how difficult wiring up an aftermarket fuel gauge would be and if anyone had recommendations for what type or what specific gauge i should use. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2,351 Posts
Are you talking about a standalone gauge, or about one that fits in the cluster?

·
Registered
11,723 Posts
There is only one wire connecting the 01 Rodeo fuel gauge to the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) and two wires connecting the fuel tank fuel level potentiometer to the PCM.
The resistance of the potentiometer is 80 ohms to 290 ohms.

PCM E-22 Pin 50 Orange/Green fuel level potentiometer signal
PCM E-22 Pin 60 Blue/Yellow fuel level potentiometer ground
PCM E-22 Pin 48 Yellow/Red to instrument panel connector I-9 Pin 3

The Fuel Level Gauge has 3 connections:
The fuel level signal from the PCM via instrument panel connector I-9 Pin 3
The fuel level gauge ground, shared with the other gauges
The fuel level gauge +12 Vdc power, shared with the other gauges

If your Fuel Level Gauge does not work there is likely a broken wire between the PCM and the fuel tank connector or a defective fuel level potentiometer.

It is easier to fix your truck than trying to retrofit an aftermarket gauge imho.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is only one wire connecting the 01 Rodeo fuel gauge to the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) and two wires connecting the fuel tank fuel level potentiometer to the PCM.
The resistance of the potentiometer is 80 ohms to 290 ohms.

PCM E-22 Pin 50 Orange/Green fuel level potentiometer signal
PCM E-22 Pin 60 Blue/Yellow fuel level potentiometer ground
PCM E-22 Pin 48 Yellow/Red to instrument panel connector I-9 Pin 3

The Fuel Level Gauge has 3 connections:
The fuel level signal from the PCM via instrument panel connector I-9 Pin 3
The fuel level gauge ground, shared with the other gauges
The fuel level gauge +12 Vdc power, shared with the other gauges

If your Fuel Level Gauge does not work there is likely a broken wire between the PCM and the fuel tank connector or a defective fuel level potentiometer.

It is easier to fix your truck than trying to retrofit an aftermarket gauge imho.
I have already had the fuel level potentiometer replaced and that didnt fix the problem and its weird like if i hit a bump or something the gauge might work for a minute but its very rare that this happens so im noy sure where to look really to fix this

·
Registered
11,723 Posts
This is the schematic, break out your ohm meter and look for the open circuit. Click on schematic to expand.
Product Rectangle Slope Font Parallel

1 - 6 of 6 Posts