Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How strong is the bottom bar on the aftermarket brush guards? Had to remove the tow hook to install the guard. Using a random google image to show what I'm talking about. The brush guard on mine mounts to the frame and the mounts are 1/4 inch or more steel with grade 8 bolts. Curious if the bottom bar will bend pulling people out in the snow.

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
I've gotten away countless times both on my old rodeo and other people's trucks by towing/pulling from the brush guard. I dont wrap the tow strap around the bar, but what I do is get one end, run it right behind where the brush guard connects to the frame, run it across to the other base and bring it around to the front. I'd then run run the other end through the short end to create a tringle and I'd connect the lose end to whatever was towing vehicle. It worked great, and because it was right at the base of where the grille guard frame begun it wouldnt bend it either. But do this at your own risk. I always knew there is a risk something could potentially go wrong since it's not the best route and I always explained this others as well before I did it.

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
Wrapping the tow strap around the guard is risky depending on what they used to mount it. With the grade 3 3/8" bolts mine came with there is no way. I wouldnt worry too much about mine since I upgraded to grade 8 1/2" bolts and the 3/4" shackle goes through in between the bolts. Its pretty sturdy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts