Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
throttle shaft is worn out on my 86 trooper's carb, what are my options???
If there's another carb I can use for this vehicle, I'd rather go that route than repairing/replacing the original carb with an OEM one. They want too much money for one! :shock: How about a Weber or a Q-Jet?? :D Anyone??

·
Registered
70 Posts
ok, dumb question...

What carb should i put into a:
93 amigo 2WD
2.6l (4ZE1), originally 2.3L (4ZD1)
when assembling this mess i stayed with the 2.3L wiring and so i just dropped the original 2.3L carb in as well.
i was just thinking of upgrading
The carb works well (amazingly) but not great for maximizing power.

Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this?
Thank you.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I would consider going with a Weber 38 DGES instead of the typical 32/36DGEV if it was a 2.6L running a carb. The 38 is a bit bigger, and the secondary opens syncronous with the primary instead of progressive as the 32/36. A plain old 2.6L would be enough motor to make use of the bigger carb, but if you had a cam and header upgrade I think a 32/36 might even be a bit stretched to feed it. Mileage might be a little less, though it would depend a lot on how heavy your foot is.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm not planning to hop-up the motor, due to the availablility of chevy 4.3L V6 (200HP) and easy hook-up.

I was just hoping to gain back a little of what i lost removing the fuel injection.

So Thank you for the help!!!, I'll look into it!!!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
my mechanic cousin said i could weld on a holley 2 barrel. just take the old one off, leaving the base plate and weld the new one to the base plate. not sure of the safety or the amount of wisdom there is in doing this, but seems like it would work.

·
Registered
99 Posts
does your cousin have burnt-off eyebrews? Ha ha ha!
I dont know... seems a little scary to weld in that environment. Maybe with the plate off the motor and cleaned real well.

For welding on the motor, I might try J-B welding it.... know what I mean?

·
Registered
70 Posts
i'll have to do some research into which is a better suited carb..

But adapter plates aren't THAT hard to make..

Welding carberators????
It sounds like a nice idea BUT carb's are very sensitive to heat warping.
if you warp the carb by heat from the welder, the risk of it not functioning properly are Extremely high.

Adapter plates are easy to make
any metal shop can make them.

·
Registered
790 Posts
The 32/36 is commonly used on smaller motors, like the Isuzu 1.8L found in Chevy LUV pickups stuff like 2.2-2.4 liter Toyotas. My thinking is that the 2.6L would gain from from having the bigger 38 even if the motor is bone stock. I just get the feeling that you might have trouble getting a 32/36 jetted big enough to really bring a 2.6L to life. It is a very adaptable carb though, and jets are very easy to change on it. Might be worth calling www.carbs.net or www.redlineweber.com and see what they recommend.

If you get the Weber kit for a 2.3L trooper it will come with the right adapter plate. Making one for virtually any carb is a fairly easy machining job too. Heck I got all the tools to make one out of wood, maybe plastic would work... Tougher though is getting whatever carb you use tuned to the motor once its on. Webers are stoopid easy to adjust, so again a good way to go.

·
Registered
70 Posts
hmm, 38 mm carb intake for a 2.6L Hmm?

I just looked at the spec's sheet for my 05, 250cc Ninja
it has 2-30mm carb's.

I don't know if that means much, but it is a question.

I still have to research it out and find some data on carb sizing.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
i would never weld anything having to do with the carb, but i dont see how welding one to the baseplate would damage it. also, he doesnt have burnt off eyebrows, but he does have a crazy eye from getting something lodged in it in a shop :p

·
Registered
558 Posts
there are adapoters redilly availiable for this sort of thing. You would trash the carb trying to weld to it. I would also go for the weber 38/38. It should feed that guy perty well. 8)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.