Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after 5 months of chemotherapy it is finally happening,my 15 year old son is losing his hair,he has been on 5 months of intenesive chemo .only 1 more of hard chemo left.then a year and a half of maintnance chemotherapy whice is once a month.me and my mom are his caretakers,thier mom abandoned my boys over 5 years ago.their grandmother on thier mom side does not even call and check on him.i have weathered a lot of storms being a full time single dad,i want to to thank the few people on here that have really tried to be a friend to me on here.tommorrow i am shaving my head,i told my son daddy is going to lose his hair before you do son. 8) recon

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Nice move shaving your head. Keep the humor up. I'm a firm believer in positive thinking. Hope everything works out for the best. It's life's trials and how we choose to deal with them that makes us who we are. Keep fighting, never ever give up!

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Very cool of you to shave your head with your son. I pray for the best for him as he fights one of life's biggest battles.

You and him seem to have a lot of strength, and that will get you guys through this.

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
Awesome idea on the head thing Rick. I went through the intensive and maintenance stuff with my Dad, it's rough for sure. Keep your chin up and his as well.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Rick brother... I feel for you.. It's always darkest before the dawn man, a bit of hope will carry your boy through to see the light

·
Registered
556 Posts
You sir are a great father. Sounds like things have been rough on y'all for a while but it WILL GET BETTER! I'll keep you and your son in my thoughts. Keep us posted on his status. Look forward to your post on his recovery!

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my head is itching since i shaved myself bald today 8) recon

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i quit posting pics on the planet lol. 8) recon

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Congrats on the new haircut! Best move you can make. Hope everything continues to go well! Been wondering how things have been going. You are the coolest Dad ever.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
right now is really down about losing his hair 8) recon

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
recon said:
right now is really down about losing his hair 8) recon
HEY RICK, HANG IN THERE ,AND TAKE CARE OF YOUR SELF AN D THAT BOY, JUST COME HOME EVERY DAY WITH A NOTHER BALD HEAD JOKE AND PRETTY SOON HE WILL GET OVER IT AND START LAUGHING AT YOU ALL SO. , HANG IN THERE MAN WE ARE THINKING ABOUT YOU, WHO NEEDS HAIR ANY WAY ,JUST SOMETHING ELSE THAT HAS TO BE MOWED, MOWED CLIPPED WASHED AND CURLED , TAKE CARE MAN , JERRY

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
Not sure if this is age appropriate for your son but I always liked this bald joke: "I'm not bald, it's just a solar panel for a sex machine" , you can tell him chics dig bald guys, makes them look bad a**

As for not posting pics on here anymore, why not? We all liked seeing pics of your mods and what not.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
All kids need good dads. Means life or death, sometimes figuratively, sometime literally. The world would be a better place if more men lived like you.

Keep it up, Brother! :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
RamAirZ said:
Not sure if this is age appropriate for your son but I always liked this bald joke: "I'm not bald, it's just a solar panel for a sex machine" , you can tell him chics dig bald guys, makes them look bad a**

As for not posting pics on here anymore, why not? We all liked seeing pics of your mods and what not.
:D now thats funny lol.cool 8) recon

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Don't forget to polish the dome with high SPF sun screen.

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
recon said:
RamAirZ said:

:D now thats funny lol.cool 8) recon
I thought you might like it :wink:

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Keep up the good fight, your son is going to come out of this thing stronger than ever and with a true appreciation for life. My hat is off to you as a single father. You and your sons are in my prayers!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.