Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
Yeah call Summitracing.com and order a set of add-a-leafs they are about 30 bucks. Tell them you need a 2.5" add-a-leaf for a midsize truck. I think they are made by procomp.

Then get a set of shackles (about 50 bucks) from either Joe Darlington at www.darlington-offroad.com

or

Matt Brown at www.independent4x.com

Crank the torsion bars acording to the article I wrote on the planet here http://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic.php?t=1526 and get yourself an alignment and a set of shocks of your choice and you will be set. If your center bearing is getting worn you may need to get your drive shaft retubed to a one piece shaft to get rid of the vibration you will get when pulling out.

This is the route almost everyong goes, some buy the Calmini lift but in my opinion it is a waste of money.

Hope this helps,
Joe

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
any special shocks or size that I may need? I am not sure on this whole lift thing since I haven't done it before. How much bigger do I need than stick and do you have any specifics. Sorry for being so unknowledgable on this but lifting is very new to me. I just bought this rodeo for under $1000 and I am trying to get it nice. Just put in new steering box, tie rods, brakes, calipers, rotors, and I am working on paint, tires and a lift after I get rid of all the new england rust.

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
A lot of people like the rancho 9000's for their adjustability. I have them on my 98 Passport and like them. I put Procomp ES3000's on my Trooper and couldn't be happier. They were cheap carry a lifetime warranty and work very well.

You should use the stock length front shocks, because the way you are lifting you are really just changing the ride height, not the travel. The rears you can go with about an inch longer than stock. Ask for a particular brand and soemone will be able to give you the exact part numbers.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Hey bro, if you weant, get what you need, I will be in Mass later this month, 17th or so, till the 5th of oct... come one down.. I can give you a hand..

No problem....

Chase

IF you wanna wait that long...

·
Registered
83 Posts
there is no such thing as an affordable suspension lift for ANY Isuzu in Australia :evil: you guys have it good over there!!

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
If you mean you replaced your shocks, yes. You can keep them. You will want at some point to replace at least your rears (if not all of them if you go to a bigger tire) as you will be limited in your amount of down travel with a stock length shock.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.