Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanna do complete exhaust..things are rusting out. The muffler has a few holes and making all kinds of noise.

Want to keep everything as quiet as possible with the new muffler and as close to the original as possible and keep the price down.

What can I expect to pay with new cats?

Best parts to use for the job?

Thank you and Merry Christmas.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
All I have to offer is this:
If it's quiet you want, DON'T get a Flowtec Raptor! They are LOUD! :lol:

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Bosal sells a catback system for a reasonable price and it seems very close to stock

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
And if the cats aren't trowing any codes just leave them alone they ain't cheap

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I got a Magnaflow muffler off amazon for $80 and paid a local shop $120 to build a new catback system out of 2.5" pipe. It is louder than stock when you get on the throttle, but not too bad at idle and cruising speeds.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tonnydoodles said:
Bosal sells a catback system for a reasonable price and it seems very close to stock
Where can I find such a creature?

Thanks everyone for the help.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Ebay or amazon

·
Registered
928 Posts
Hatfield said:
I got a Magnaflow muffler off amazon for $80 and paid a local shop $120 to build a new catback system out of 2.5" pipe. It is louder than stock when you get on the throttle, but not too bad at idle and cruising speeds.
You got a 2.5" exhaust done eh? Notice any difference over stock? Cuz stock is 2.25", unless I'm wrong, which happens quite a bit

Sorry to hijack the thread! Btw, check rockauto.com, they have replacement stock exhaust systems as well as cats too for decent prices

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I can't tell of any HP gains over stock. There may be a little more top end, but I don't often see redline so it's hard to say. I may be getting slightly better gas mileage now, but I romp on it more to hear the exhaust note so that pretty much cancels gains out.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Got any pics/video? Or a link to a thread I may have missed?
Lol I would totally floor it too if I had a nice exhaust!

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
No I didn't make a thread about it. I will take a picture tomorrow and a video Thursday when my GoPro suction cup mount gets here.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Magnaflow Universal cat and had a local shop put all new pipe and generic turbo muffler on mine. My flex pipe was good and in no need of replacing.

$225 out the door IIRC. I did not want any additional sound, etc. Functionality was my foremost concern.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Hatfield said:
No I didn't make a thread about it. I will take a picture tomorrow and a video Thursday when my GoPro suction cup mount gets here.
Awesome thanks!

Those GoPros are sick...

·
Registered
793 Posts
sorry to jack the post, I just have simple question, will the cat convertor go bad and affect the engine performance? I am thinking to get the hi flow cat and new pipes + new aftermarket exhaust, will I be expecting to feel any differences in engine power?? (as well as gas mileage ?)

thanks

·
Registered
71 Posts
Magnaflow universal cat and a Hushpower muffler by Flowmaster is what I'm looking to put on mine.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was about to pull the trigger on the bosal and realized its not stainless.

Any comments on which brand stainless muffler and pipes?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I think my Magnaflow sounds pretty good. It's not that loud, especially on the inside. Be sure to get the biggest muffler you can fit to help keep the sound down. There's a video of mine in this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=58554

·
Registered
13,615 Posts
Aluminized pipe lasts a long time to. I've only seen one flowmaster rot out, and that was on my bosses blazer that doesn't get drivin much.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
bradzuzu said:
Aluminized pipe lasts a long time to. I've only seen one flowmaster rot out, and that was on my bosses blazer that doesn't get drivin much.
I was reading like 2 to 3 years tops in states that use salt on the roads. This not true?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts