Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if there is an easy way to add the spare tire holder to the back of my Rodeo. I have a 2wd so right now it's under the car, but I like the look of it mounted on the back much more.

·
Registered
256 Posts
The easiest way would be to find a rear door of the right color, and swap away. You'll need the rear bumper as well. Mounting it to the rear door you have now would cause premature failure of the door.

My .02...

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Also don,t forget backglass,and matching inside plastic,as well as the latch that holds Tailgate open.(depends on model)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Maybe I won't do this and just throw the spare in a basket, who knows. But thanks all the same.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Depending on how much you wish to do your self ie. re-enforcing the door, making a tire carrier etc. it can be done to look stock and not cost a ton.
Troopers have the tire on the door (with zero internal structure for it) and Troopers (the ones that offroad at least) are famouse for having a nice round dent in the door which is why most Troopers in my area have the door beefed up or re-locate the tire.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.