Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After adding a 3" lift my rodeo, what size shocks do i need to get? Im looking at the pro comp es3000, heard some good things about them and there cheap.. just wondering how long the shocks need to be..
Thanks

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Call and order them from Matt www.independent4x.com

The fronts don't change, the rears will need to be about 1.5" longer than stock.

I have the ES3000's on my Trooper, I love them.

Joe

·
Registered
166 Posts
Not to hi-jack the thread, but what is the difference between the ES3000 and ES9000 besides the price difference. I didn't see anything that jumped out at me in the specs to make me want to buy one over another. Is the ride quality different?

Rob

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, the ES9000's are nitrogen charged:

Summit racing's decription:
Nitrogen gas-charged Explorer Pro Comp ES9000 shocks are designed for increased load capacity, as well as high-performance ride and handling characteristics.

ES3000's description:
The expanded, gas-cell-charged, twin-tube design of Explorer Pro Comp ES3000 shocks increases fluid capacity by 50 percent, to reduce internal operating temperatures while protecting vital components.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I was wanting to order them from summit, along with some other stuff. Just wondering what over all length should be?
Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nobody Knows either the length of the stock shock, or the lenght of their shock on a 3" lift?? :?:

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Call Summit and ask them what's the stock part number, then ask them about the part number. They explained it to me but that's been over a year ago, I just don't remember.

They should be able to tell you what number to change in the part number.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts