Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How viable would pulling the leaf springs off a junk amigo and putting one or two into a saggy leafed driver amigo? Would there be any safety issues that might arise? I mostly just want to be able to take off the cheap shackle lift i put on to level it out, and give me a little more wieght capacity since i found a trailer hitch on that same amigo at the junkyard. The biggest thing I would haul would be a jetski.

·
Premium Member
5,577 Posts
Your best bet would be an add-a-leaf. I honestly don't think that you will notice any difference by swapping in a set of springs from a junkyard amigo.

Now, if you were to get a set of springs from an 88-91 Trooper, you'd be better off. If you are near DC I have a set that you can have for free, if you'll pick them up.

Otherwise, call up Darlington Off-Road or Independent4x and order an add-a-leaf.

-Tad

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What I meant was would I be able to add a couple from the junkyard amigo in addition to the ones already on there?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.