Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one got a clear picture of this area ,so I can see about how far the set screw should be,po had been adjusting for idle,and i adjusted the cable because it looked like it had slipped,was wondering ,could someone tell me about this how tight or how loose it should be. Thanks in advance and Everyone have agreatday!!

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
rattletrap89trprII said:
Has any one got a clear picture of this area ,so I can see about how far the set screw should be,po had been adjusting for idle,and i adjusted the cable because it looked like it had slipped,was wondering ,could someone tell me about this how tight or how loose it should be. Thanks in advance and Everyone have agreatday!!
REMOVE THE THROTTLE BODY, AND ADJUST THE SCREW BACK WARDS UNTILL THE THROTTLE BLADE JUST BARELY TOUCHES THE BORE , OF THE T/B, NOW TURN THE SCREW CLOCKWISE UN TILL YOU CAN JUST BARELY SEE DAY LITE UNDER THE EDGE OF THE THROTTLE BLADE WHERE IT WAS TOUCHING THE BORE, IT SHOULD BE BETWEEN 3 AND 4 THOUSANDS OF AN INCH, OR TAKE A SLIP OF REGULAR PRINTER PAPER AND CUT A STRIP ABOUT 3/8 INCH WIDE AND USE THAT MOST PRINTER WHITE PAPER IS 3 THOU THICK, WHAT YOU WANT IS TO MACK SURE THE THROTTLE BLADE ISNT TOUCHING THE BORE, IT IS NOT USED TO SET THE CURB IDOL SPEED IT IS USED ONLY TO KEEP THE BLADE FROM WEARING A GROOVE IN THE BORE , ONCE WORN YOU GET ALL SORTS OF WEIRD PROB, NOW YOU WILL PROB HAVE TO RESET THE TPS SW ON THE SIDE , PUT A DROP OF GLUE ON THE THREAD OF THE SCREW , AND THEN SET THE IDOL SPEED WITH THE AIR BY PASS SCREW ON THE BACK TOP SIDE OF THE THROTTLE BODY .

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok let me see if I understand this ,First remove the big air hose to expose the double butterflys,then remove the little blackbox on backside of engine aka throttlebody switch,then adjust front screw to leave only 3 thousandths of a opening, put the tbs back on ,put glue on front screw, and then adjust idle speed with the screw at back below tbs. right? ok now how do i adjust the little black box ,just loosen and spin alittle forward or backwards which ever makes it run smoother,and then readjust idle

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
rattletrap89trprII said:
Ok let me see if I understand this ,First remove the big air hose to expose the double butterflys,then remove the little blackbox on backside of engine aka throttlebody switch,then adjust front screw to leave only 3 thousandths of a opening, put the tbs back on ,put glue on front screw, and then adjust idle speed with the screw at back below tbs. right? ok now how do i adjust the little black box ,just loosen and spin alittle forward or backwards which ever makes it run smoother,and then readjust idle
DONT REMOVE THE TPS SW NOT NECESSARY, JUST ADJUST THE THROTTLE BADE WITH THE STOP SCREW AND TEN DRIVE IT , IF THE TPS HASNT BEEN MIS ADJUSTED IT WILL BE RIGHT BACK WHERE THE FACTORY SET IT . IT NEEDS TO BE SET WITH AN OHM METER BUT CAN BE DOEN VERY CAREFULLY BY LISTENING TO THE ENG IDOL SPEED , BUT IT IS KINDA TRICKY LIKE THAT , THAT BLACK BOX IS THE TPS SW

1 - 7 of 7 Posts