Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Rodeo S 2WD was just in a 3 car pileup! Someone pulled out into oncoming traffic ahead of me. Now my baby's toast on the front end AND the rear. But I've been putting tons into it!

Rebuilt 4ZE1 with 25,000 miles on it, all new exhaust, all new brakes, new tires. My body is toast. The rad mounts are done. It was rusty anyway...

javascript:emoticon(':roll:')

NOW I might be able to procure a 91 V6 4x4 Rodeo LS for cheap because the engine is kaput but the body is mint. See what I'm getting at? But what about the 4x4? I just want 2WD, but will all that 4x4 stuff be a problem?

I'm a learn-as-I-go type, and I'm wondering if you smart fellas can offer some advice. Will this work?

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
I'm not an athority on the engine swaps, but mabe bigpoppax can help here or someone, but I think it should be fine as long as you use the mounts from the 2.6 rodeo to the V6 rodeo and use the transmision and the driveshaft from your rodeo. The problem will be the transfercase. Do you have an automatic trans because if both are an auto trans you can just swap the bellhousings from your transmisson to the new transmission and then you just need the mounts and the engine and everything else will be fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunatley, no. Mine is the 5 speed manual tranny. I'm waiting for the owner of the V6 to respond. Is it better if his V6 is manual too? What if the V6 turns out to be automatic? Am I out of luck?

matty

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
No sorry you are out of luck. But mabe if you are up to switching th back half of the transmission that has the transfercase on it you might be able to switch the front half of your transmission on to it. That is if both are 5-speeds. Hopefully someone else will chime in on this.

·
Registered
558 Posts
well the V6s use a diferent bolt patter than the 4bangers so youll need to find a tranny. What might be the easiest rout would be to find a 5speed from a 4x4trooper or something whith a 4banger and just keep the 4x4 stuff.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Well is what i said true. I remember Bigpoppa saying something about front halfs and back halfs of the transmissions and that you could just swap those parts of the cases and have the right transmission.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey guys this has been great BUT i'm running out of time...

seems that mint v6 rodeo LS was snapped up by someone else...

i'd love to save my engine & need a transplant - THE INSURANCE COMPANIES ARE COMING!

- into a 4-banger Trooper sounds good

- staying with the Rodeo would be nice though; i could transplant all those new parts

- so for the Rodeo, IS Bigpoppa RIGHT??

"saying something about front halfs and back halfs of the transmissions and that you could just swap those parts of the cases and have the right transmission"

righteous thanks 8)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.