Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a 86 turbo diesel for a friend. Line running to Turbo had failed spewing oil everywhere. Has new glo plugs, headlights, filters, newer turbo (old one had fried seals), new rod bearings (does not have upgraded rods) but still does not have acceptable power. Mechanic says low compression and recommends pulling engine and redoing it. Want to see what kind of options/offers are out there. My friends goal is to have a working trooper so he can get a job. He's out of cash and this one still isn't going. Open to trades or outright purchase offers. I suspect this one will need to go to someone who can do the work themselves as we can't and are afraid to sink any more $ into labor intensive endeavors. I took pictures of the dings/dents/odd tie downs on front fenders/tread/dryrot/etc. It's not a bad looking trooper and the oil smudges still haven't been washed off...should clean up good with a wash and vacuum. PM me with any offers or what you think they used those tie downs for. Best thing I can come up with is maybe they were tying the hood down...dings in picture make me suspect it came up once in the past. Any other thoughts?

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Nice Trooper. Lot of guys here drool over a turbo diesel. However, one criticism, there is a classified section for selling good stuff like this.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I'll start the bidding at $1

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
For a non-running / poorly running 1st gen its normally $300-$500, cuz we know how much work goes into making it road worthy again... Thats for Unleaded gasoline motors...

On a complete, limping, rebuild-able, diesel... Not a clue. Interested to see how this one goes though so heres my subscription post. Good luck with the sale.

~psguardian

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry for posting in the wrong place. Weeks ago I had posted in classified but didn't have pictures. When I got the pictures...I wanted to change the title to include "now with pictures" couldn't figure out how to do that so reposted...and now realize I posted in general instead of classifieds. Do I leave it? Delete/Repost in classifieds? Or is there a way to change title on an old post and put in original post?

You might be right...I could see the tie downs holding down a boat.
Other info I left out:
Mileage is 125 or 135K (can't remember...will check)
I do have the Title.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
So far nobody seems to mind. I didn't either just pointed it out. Leave it and see what the Moderators do. They might move it.

and to add pics or edit, open your post and in the upper right corner it and edit button. From there you can completely change anything in your post. :)

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
mguldan said:
Purchased a 86 turbo diesel for a friend. Line running to Turbo had failed spewing oil everywhere. Has new glo plugs, headlights, filters, newer turbo (old one had fried seals), new rod bearings (does not have upgraded rods) but still does not have acceptable power. Mechanic says low compression and recommends pulling engine and redoing it. Want to see what kind of options/offers are out there. My friends goal is to have a working trooper so he can get a job. He's out of cash and this one still isn't going. Open to trades or outright purchase offers. I suspect this one will need to go to someone who can do the work themselves as we can't and are afraid to sink any more $ into labor intensive endeavors. I took pictures of the dings/dents/odd tie downs on front fenders/tread/dryrot/etc. It's not a bad looking trooper and the oil smudges still haven't been washed off...should clean up good with a wash and vacuum. PM me with any offers or what you think they used those tie downs for. Best thing I can come up with is maybe they were tying the hood down...dings in picture make me suspect it came up once in the past. Any other thoughts?

THERE'S A COP BEHIND YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laughing7:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.