Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been driving my Amigo with the new engine in it for about a week with nary a light on since I fixed a broken sensor wire. Then earlier this evening, I get in start it up and get ready to pull out of the driveway when I hear a weird buzzing/coffee grinder noise and the ABS light pops on. I go down the street and back to see if the light goes off or I feel anything weird in the pedal. No weird pedal or braking. So I shut off the engine to see if the noise goes away with the ignition off. No joy. So I take it home and pop the hood and it looks like the ABS pump is running nonstop. I go to pull the fuse, but the map on the lid doesn't look like the fuses in the box. So I just disconnect the battery to kill the pump.

Google-fu reveals some posts here that the EBCM could be faulty and has been known to cause the pump to run non-stop. The question I have is, where is it located? I can't find a reference to it anywhere in the Isuzu Workshop Manual or in the Haynes manual. My searching has shown me which fuse to pull to disable it (60 amp fuse, correct?). However, I have read that if you disconnect the EBCM that the ABS light will go out without needing to cut any wires or bend any pins over.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
If a 99 Amigo ABS is the same as a 01/02 Sport and I am reasonably sure it is, you cannot turn off the ABS lamp without fixing the ABS fault or modifying the system, even disconnecting the EBCM electrical connector will turn on the ABS lamp. The EBCM is attached to the ABS hydraulic assembly located on the inner right fender and the 60 Amp fuse is located in the engine compartment fuse panel. The EBCM module can be detached from the hydraulic unit and sent in for repair or replaced. Removing the module does not affect the brake hydraulic system.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts