Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Your ABS system has a failure code. You'll probably need to take it to the dealer as I don't know of any other place that can read the ABS system codes.

Most times I have heard the cause is a bad wheel speed sensor. It can be either due to the sensor itself failing or a bad connection to the sensor.

Have you had the recall service done on the ABS system as well? This will *NOT* be covered under the recall, but I would suggest having this serviced under warranty is yours is still valid!

The ABS recall replaces the ABS modulator in the engine compartment. These are prone to failing as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
¡Oracle! said:
Have you had the recall service done on the ABS system as well? This will *NOT* be covered under the recall, but I would suggest having this serviced under warranty is yours is still valid!
I did get the recall notice in the mail and I took it on the next day to have it fixed. My rodeo is not under warranty either :cry: Thanks you for your help though. Do you by any chance know if this is going to cost me an arm and a leg to get it fixed?

·
Registered
305 Posts
I have my 99 Trooper in the shop as we speak and the dealer, or should I say stealer, wants $525 to replace a bad speed sensor(ABS) in my front left wheel. I had the same problem with ABS light appearing. Dealer says the ABS system isn't active as long as one of these sensors is bad.

There is no friggin way I'm shelling out those kind of clams. Can anyone who has had experience with someone replacing one of these at an independent shop give me a range of $$ to do? Should I order the parts from St. Charles and then take to another shop? THanks.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I have my 99 Trooper in the shop as we speak and the dealer, or should I say stealer, wants $525 to replace a bad speed sensor(ABS) in my front left wheel. I had the same problem with ABS light appearing. Dealer says the ABS system isn't active as long as one of these sensors is bad.

There is no friggin way I'm shelling out those kind of clams. Can anyone who has had experience with someone replacing one of these at an independent shop give me a range of $$ to do? Should I order the parts from St. Charles and then take to another shop? THanks.

·
Registered
763 Posts
John: I think Tad replaced one of his ABS sensors. You may want to ask him.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.