Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all. I have a 2000 Trooper and recently the ABS light came on. It does not come back on immediately after start-up (it takes a little while). Obviously, the ABS works whent he light is off, but not when the light is on. The truck gets little use (wife's auto, and she has another company car) so it only has approx 30,000 miles on it. And of course we are like 45 miles from the nearest dealer. Is this something that is easy to diagnose? What are some possible causes? I am fairly well versed in the ways of automobiles, but know very little of how the ABS system works. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I would just have it fixed under warranty. When that light goes on there could be any number of problems.

Bad speed sensor(s)
Bad pump
Bad control unit

You're under warraty so the dealer will take care of it for you.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Don't know if this will make a difference, but one direction to look in is your alternator. I had a 95 Monte Carlo Z34 and the ABS light would come on. Turned out the alternator was bad-found out going off an exit and had to fight it to keep it on the road-lost all power.

Just something to look at. :?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.