1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Very nice clean looking truck. However why would a '90 need to be converted from drums to discs. 10 bolt rears came with drums '87 back. "87 on 12 bolts had discs. Either the year is wrong or the rear axle has been swapped. HMMM! Price is right for sure. Little far away for me though.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
I saw this & thought about it for like 10 sec... then the reality that I don't have $850 set it. Also even If I could get him down to my level, I wouldn't have any $$ left for the fix lol.

~psguardian

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
squatch said:
Very nice clean looking truck. However why would a '90 need to be converted from drums to discs. 10 bolt rears came with drums '87 back. "87 on 12 bolts had discs. Either the year is wrong or the rear axle has been swapped. HMMM! Price is right for sure. Little far away for me though.
Your right squatch, He's just lying about the disc conversion to sell it. The width of the grill and the parking brake handle are period correct for a 90 model trooper. The 87's and 88's have a solid parking brake handle.....the 90 and 91's had a handle that you had to pull-lock and twist to operate, kinda like a child saftey latch. The one in the picture has a large collar. its definitly a 90 or 91.

Good sales tecnique though, I can see he/she is using all his/her resourses! :D

·
Registered
325 Posts
The one in the picture has a large collar. its definitly a 90 or 91.

Good sales tecnique though, I can see he/she is using all his/her resourses! :D[/quote]

I'm missing something. He is saying it's a 90 right? Are 90/91's better than the earlier ones or are you saying it's the other way around? [/quote]

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
It's a matter of taste really. The 85 +86 & 87 models were different (smaller/weaker) mechanically and with some cosmetic differences in the 87's. The 88-89's were primarily solid japaneese imports, the 90 and 91's had some GM influence mostly in the saftey systems and more available options.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.