Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just flipped on the TV, which I don't do very often.

Now I have a dumb question; Why on a show titled America's Got Talent are 2 out of 3 judges Brits???? :? :?

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gizmo42 said:
Because, as usual, we ripped off a British show called Britans Got Talent. And its usually never any where near as good as the original British version.

Although the only clips I've seen from the American version are of Jackie Evancho and she is just amazing.
I know it's a rip off of an British show, but seriously... ... ...

They can't find American judges, for a show with AMERICA in the title. It just seems like they aren't even trying. :lol:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Sags said:
Gizmo42 said:
Because, as usual, we ripped off a British show called Britans Got Talent. And its usually never any where near as good as the original British version.

Although the only clips I've seen from the American version are of Jackie Evancho and she is just amazing.
I know it's a rip off of an British show, but seriously... ... ...

They can't find American judges, for a show with AMERICA in the title. It just seems like they aren't even trying. :lol:
They aren't trying. It's the same reason there is four or five dangerous job shows spread about. They know that deadliest catch made money so the History Channel hoping to make the same money made Ice Road Truckers. It's stupid and good shows are declining because it's far easier to copy then be original.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually, I got to thinking (dangerous I know), and I decided that it is unfair to call the show a rip-off of a Brit show.

I mean sure it is a direct copy of the British version, but this type of show has been around loooooooooooong before then. Going back at a least as far as the 70's and 80's. You could call the British version a rip off of Ed McMahan's Star Search show from the 1980's.

Anyway I didn't catch the whole show, but some of the acts where pretty good, would be a much better show IMO if they didn't show so many of the "fail" acts though, and so much of the judges bantering.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
It's the reality TV, talent show formula. You always have to have a snarky, rude British host to tell everyone how awful they are. I guess they figured they ought to up the ante and get two instead of one.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Gizmo42 said:

yup...think about some of the many U.S. shows that have done this...

anyone remember 'LIFE ON MARS' which ran on ABC...17 episodes..
a direct rip off of the original UK series ...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.