Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all :)

I already own 2 cars and a 94 jeep zj 5.2. I am currently thinking about a new 2004 rodeo but am not sure. I was going to buy one in 2001 I think but I didn't want to spend the money. The jeep is starting to age so I'm thinking of a rodeo for a replacement family suv. I've read its the last year and Isuzu's future is questionable after 2006. That would make a warranty a bit useless. I'm unsure weather to buy a new rodeo or a used trailblazer. I've red alot of problems for the rodeo but I know some of the people are a little dimwitted. Are the rodeos that bad and are they easy to work on? I have a good bit of work under my belt so I can handle most things. Are they easy to work on and are chilton/haynes manuals for these cars accurate?
I would like to buy one but every time I call a dealer they talk stupid to me and won't give me prices. I know they are trained that way but it makes me mad :mrgreen: I'm unsure what I will do as of now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have about 4 dealers near me and they seem to have enough. One had 35 but wouldn't get off his *** to get me a price on the cheapest one. He didn't know anything about it being the last year but he was probably a liar. All they say is "so when do you want to come down and see?", they haven't given me a reason yet. I bought my last 2 cars on the phone(practically) and someone has yet to cooperate with me. I don't have time to drive around and play games.

I'll make some more calls.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Isuzu site has a thing to fill out after you picked a suv. I just don't want all the sharks calling me and pulling credit reports with the information. I talked to a salesman today and he sounded half drunk :x . The price is 18.6k if I want one.
I am still unsure but might just get a new trailblazer(sorry guys :D ). One thing I don't like on the rodeo is the horizontal tailgate. I can tie the jeep hatch shut if its too full but in the rodeo looks like it would be a bad idea to let the gate hang while driving. It would probably get me sued after a 10 car pile-up:oops: . It is really for m wife and shes kinda set on a tblazer. I think the rodeo would probably be more reliable though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just an update:
I did buy a new 2004 tblazer last week. I got a price that wasn't much more than the rodeo and it has alot of base options...and 275hp 8) . The ride is VERY soft but it still doesn't have body roll when cornering. Maybe if production for the rodeo didn't end this july I would have taken a closer look, I have been plotting to buy rodeo since 2000 buy it looks like it won't happen now. I still like them though.
Best of luck everyone :wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.