Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all :)

I already own 2 cars and a 94 jeep zj 5.2. I am currently thinking about a new 2004 rodeo but am not sure. I was going to buy one in 2001 I think but I didn't want to spend the money. The jeep is starting to age so I'm thinking of a rodeo for a replacement family suv. I've read its the last year and Isuzu's future is questionable after 2006. That would make a warranty a bit useless. I'm unsure weather to buy a new rodeo or a used trailblazer. I've red alot of problems for the rodeo but I know some of the people are a little dimwitted. Are the rodeos that bad and are they easy to work on? I have a good bit of work under my belt so I can handle most things. Are they easy to work on and are chilton/haynes manuals for these cars accurate?
I would like to buy one but every time I call a dealer they talk stupid to me and won't give me prices. I know they are trained that way but it makes me mad :mrgreen: I'm unsure what I will do as of now.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I was scoping out my local dealer's Rodeo inventory and discovered that all the 4x4 Rodeo's are gone. Sold. The only ones left were 2 demo's...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have about 4 dealers near me and they seem to have enough. One had 35 but wouldn't get off his *** to get me a price on the cheapest one. He didn't know anything about it being the last year but he was probably a liar. All they say is "so when do you want to come down and see?", they haven't given me a reason yet. I bought my last 2 cars on the phone(practically) and someone has yet to cooperate with me. I don't have time to drive around and play games.

I'll make some more calls.

·
Registered
189 Posts
If you were really serious about buying a new car, you may want to consider the power of online shopping. Start from Isuzu site and if need be, go to other independent new-car buying sites. Ask for quotes. You'll be surprised at the prices.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I purchased a new, 04 Rodeo, this past May. Previously, I owned a used 1999 Rodeo, so I had no concerns about reliability. The Rodeo is a solid truck, and neither of mine have suffered serious maladies. The Rodeo is not a luxury vehicle, and its ride and handling probably are not up to levels of its newly designed, major competitors. While it is not as capable or as comfortable as a VW Touraeg or Jeep Grand Cherokee, it is a great value, and a handsome and competent vehicle. The main concern that I had, in purchasing my latest Rodeo, was the long term viability of the company. I have 5 years of payments ahead of me, and the majority of a 7 year warranty. I hope that Isuzu (non-commercial sales) will be there to support me.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I test drove a Direct Injection Rodeo today and am seriously considering buying one. I already have an Amigo but unfortunately it has become to small. I like the Rodeo platform and am familiar with the upgrades and other quirks of the Isuzu. I went to test a 2002 Trooper but to be honest it doesnt compare to the DI Rodeo. Once you kick one down and feel the power it has you will convert too. Not to mention the rebates that are available......Loyalty, Military....I can get one loaded for 21500! Damn that aint bad. Now i have to consider color.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Isuzu site has a thing to fill out after you picked a suv. I just don't want all the sharks calling me and pulling credit reports with the information. I talked to a salesman today and he sounded half drunk :x . The price is 18.6k if I want one.
I am still unsure but might just get a new trailblazer(sorry guys :D ). One thing I don't like on the rodeo is the horizontal tailgate. I can tie the jeep hatch shut if its too full but in the rodeo looks like it would be a bad idea to let the gate hang while driving. It would probably get me sued after a 10 car pile-up:oops: . It is really for m wife and shes kinda set on a tblazer. I think the rodeo would probably be more reliable though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just an update:
I did buy a new 2004 tblazer last week. I got a price that wasn't much more than the rodeo and it has alot of base options...and 275hp 8) . The ride is VERY soft but it still doesn't have body roll when cornering. Maybe if production for the rodeo didn't end this july I would have taken a closer look, I have been plotting to buy rodeo since 2000 buy it looks like it won't happen now. I still like them though.
Best of luck everyone :wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts