Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I know this may seem simple to others but I just need to know a few things. I am going to be switching over to synthetic oil. My oil change is due really soon so I thought I would switch over now. I am planning on doing the Sea Foam also before I get rid of the old oil, which from what I have been reading is a really good idea. I was also wondering how much oil is used on my 93 Trooper 3.2 DOHC engine? What would be a good weight to use? I am using 5w30 right now, but that is regular oil, not synthetic. I haven't done my own oil change on the Trooper yet so I am in need of this information before I go on. Any help is appricated. TIA

Randy.

·
Registered
327 Posts
RCs93TROOPERLS said:
Ok, I know this may seem simple to others but I just need to know a few things. I am going to be switching over to synthetic oil. My oil change is due really soon so I thought I would switch over now. I am planning on doing the Sea Foam also before I get rid of the old oil, which from what I have been reading is a really good idea. I was also wondering how much oil is used on my 93 Trooper 3.2 DOHC engine? What would be a good weight to use? I am using 5w30 right now, but that is regular oil, not synthetic. I haven't done my own oil change on the Trooper yet so I am in need of this information before I go on. Any help is appricated. TIA

Randy.
Why not stick with 5W30 if that's what you've been using and haven't had any issues (i.e. lifter noise) as of yet. As far as how much oil you need, the SOHC 3.2L need 5.7 qts, I'm not sure about a DOHC but I wouldn't think it would be much different (if not the same). I get my oil (Mobil1 5W30) at WalMart for ~$25, so for the price of a regular Jiffy Lube change, the Rodeo gets synthetic . 8)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.