Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '91 pickup w/ the 2.3L.

I've swapped the carb to the webber, manual fan to electric and 86'ed the emissions system including the pump. I just can't seem to adjust the Idle right. It is either too low and idles rough or too high and diesels after I shut it off. If I turn the AC on with the idle set at a nice RPM no problems.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Also wanted to know. I want to add power steering to my truck. Will the power steering system (mainly the pump) bolt on to my 2.3L? If so what year model would be my best bet for a donor?

·
Registered
808 Posts
for the power steering look for the pump and box and other stuff from a Trooper/Amigo/Pup/Rodeo that had the 2.6, best option would most likely be to find a 89-95 Amigo or Pup and just grab everthing having to do with the power steering off of it

·
Registered
558 Posts
i know my 2.3L Troop has power steering so it wont be hard to get that. As far as webber adjusting, it sounds like you might have the iddle mixture set rich. Take and run that screw all the way in and back it out 2 full turns. This will restore the factor preset for the carb. Then you start her up and adjust the carb up. Remeber to set your idle whith the AC on so you when you turn it on you dont stall out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the trooper and the webber tips MEPR. I hadn't thought about the mixture. Makes good sense though.

My Dad was stationed at McChord AFB. We lived in Spanaway for about 8 years. I was much younger then but I remember it to be a really beautiful state.

-Brian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.