Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrighty its a 90 trooper whith a 2.6L, heres my questions.
1: the oil gage dosnt read, when i pulled the motor out for the rebuild the 2 sending units were plugged in (yes there were 2, is this normal?), are there any trouble spots in the wiring i need to look at? Also how much are the sending untis and were can i get em?
2: When i pulled the motor down i founf #2 cylinder was washed whith fuel. The injector must have been pumping too much gas in. What are possible causes and fixes for this? No other cyliner has signs of running rich.
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Not sure how many oil pressure sending units you should have. Look up St. Charles Isuzu on the web and they can tell you if there are one or two and can get you the replacement parts.

On the #2 cylinder being washed with fuel it could be because there is no spark getting to that cylinder. I belive that the 1990's have a single injector for all 4 cylinders (vs. a separate injector for each cylinder). IF, you have seperate injectors, it is likely a bad injector.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its multi port injection, so theres one injector for each cylinder. Alrighty thanks for the help! :D

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hi,
You should have two oil sensors. The little bell-shaped job is the pressure sensor, its i believe its on the bottom pass. side corner of the engine. The other sensor works the idiot light. I think its on the same side, but a little farther back. Screws into the block. But I could be wrong about that one. Seems like there is a checkvalve or something that can get stuck open, and make it seem like you have no oil pressure.

The cylinder issue could be either no spoke, or an injector hung open. There are four injectors, are pressed into the intake pleunem(spelling?) chambers.

HTH,

Adam

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok so then the bigger bell shaped deal is the one that feeds the actual gage. Well im doing a full rebuild so everything will be cleaned so if the check valve got hung open it will be cleaned and such. Thanks for the info :D

·
Registered
80 Posts
since you're doing all that work and spending all that dough already, i think it would be worth it to replace all the injectors with rebuilt ones.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i was just talking to my dad about that. If they dont check out perfect then i will be replacing them all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts