Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I know I will get the this thread is useless without pics....

I'll get them up when I get to work.

Anywhoo, I got most of my 3" body lift installed today. The pucks are all in. They aren't tightened down yet, but they are in. I need to figure out the steering extension, redo my front bumper mount to raise my Calmini bumper up 3" inches, and make a rear bumper to cover the body lift in the rear.

I also started installing the Indy4x braided brake lines. I ended up needing a new inverted flare nut for the hard line near the rear axle. NOWHERE has them. I ended up calling Jerry Lemond and having him ship me a few of them.

I also started tinkering with the Supercharger. If you look into the Alpine superchargers you will find that all of them excpet the new ones will rattle at idle. I think I have a fix, that won't cost 500 bucks like Alpine wants to charge.

I'm really good at starting projects, now to find time to finish them. My wife was out of town this weekend, so I took advantage of the time I had.

Joe

·
Registered
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't like hacking or throwing together steering or brakes. I'm not saying what you did is dangerous, I'm just saying I'd not want to drive it that way.

I'll be taking the bottom side of the steering joint loose off the splines and making the steel rod between the universal and the rag joint longer.

It should be pretty easy with a tig welder not to get anything too hot.

Joe

·
Registered
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok here are a few pics, like I promised.

I also did a few other mods at the same time:

The two different types of taillights:

My new taillights in, it just looks like it should now:

My helper for the weekend:

A crappy pic of my truck body lifted 3", I'll get some better pics:

Another shot of the body lift:

I still need to finish a few things but it's about there.

Joe

·
Registered
390 Posts
Looks cool to me man. Good job

·
Registered
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You too now have the "I built my sliders before I put on my body lift" look
Yeah, I know I know.

That will be addressed at a later time. After I decide if I like the "step" or not. It's not really a rockbar, it's a step....yeah a step.

Joe

·
Registered
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You still need to change the passport badges to rodeo ones though
Oh no, I'd never do that. Not only is the Passport a much superior vehicle than the Rodeo, I'd not want to do anything to my truck that may hurt the resale value. :lol:

Joe

·
Registered
425 Posts
bigpoppax2 said:
You still need to change the passport badges to rodeo ones though
Oh no, I'd never do that. Not only is the Passport a much superior vehicle than the Rodeo, I'd not want to do anything to my truck that may hurt the resale value. :lol:

Joe

Looking real good Joe!!
Your spare on the rear looks HUGE!! Very cool. (Awesome license plates too.)

·
Registered
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looking real good Joe!! Your spare on the rear looks HUGE!! Very cool. (Awesome license plates too.)
That is one sharp truck!! Is that the calmini body lift???
Thanks for the positve comments guys. It's a 3" Roger Brown made lift. His screen name is 4crawler on the toyota board on the www.4x4wire.com

I need to snap a shot of two of my steering extension. I used some tubing and sleeved the shaft after I cut and exteneded it by an inch. Then used my mig to put it all back.

I need to get a few more pics of all my tinkering. I've been extremely busy with work here lately, so not much garage time.

Joe

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Well since you have everything off might as well paint it black.
You know, to make the mud show up better:) Grey/Silver hides it
too well. Not only that it will make you snowflakes look better;)

·
Registered
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, I finally got around to finishing some of my SC tinkering. I tore it apart more than necessary but it made for a few good photos ops.

The inside of the SC housing:

The SC rotors:

The straight cut gears on the rotors and the hard coupler:

The nosepiece removed:

The inside of the front cover:

The test fit of my new electric fan set up:

After all that I still didn't snap a picture of the new coupler I am trying. It's an attempt to get rid of the gear chatter at idle. It's definately not the splines chattering they are very tight. I'm trying a spring loaded coupler and hopefully that will get rid of my gear chatter or whatever is chattering at idle.

Joe

·
Registered
390 Posts
Maybe some day I will have the balls to do stuff like that...Impressive...

·
Registered
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
where did u get the fan from
I got the fan from a 01 and up Rodeo or Amigo that had the 4 cylinder and Auto tranny. The 4 poppers that had a 5 speed only had a single fan and I don't believe you'll get enough cooling from it for the V6.

Heck I'm not positive that I'll get enough out of the dual unit for mine, but we'll see. I have a couple of thermal switches for the fan controls. They will cut on at 179 degrees and I'm not sure whan they switch off. The good thing is they don't require a relay or anything. Just wire 12V to one side of the thermal switch and the other side to the fan, then wire the other side of your fan to ground.

I'm thinking of running the fans seperately, one off of a thermal switch on the inlet of the radiator and one on the outlet. That way I'm only running what I need. If the one fan isn't cooling enough the other will kick in to help.

I'm also going to wire in a couple of switches to be able to manually switch them on whenever I want, just in case the thermal switches decide to die or just quit working.

Like I said I usually don't have a problem starting projects, it's getting them all completed. Sounds like the wife is going Christmas shopping this weekend, sounds like some garage time for me.

Joe

·
Registered
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This is how I did my steering extension.

I used part of a bolt to get my one inch of extension I needed:

Here it is welded in:

Here is the sleeve I used to re-enforce everything:

Here is the sleeve welded:

Here is the comparasion of the 1" extension and the stock piece:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't like to take chances with steering or brakes.

Joe

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.