Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ook so my 03 v4 rodeogood condition neverhad a problem with it...

i know that its strating to warm up and getting hot as hell here in texas, but when myA/C in running for while and i come to a standpoint. it leaks a **** load of water latelyit hasnt got as cool as it should be? anyonesee a problem here or am i just being overprtective

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Welcome to the planet!

Do you have an eye condition requiring the bold? (just curious)

Most A/C units will 'leak water'... What is actually happening is this: The system carrying the chilled substance (freon or newer chemicals) condensates & even frosts over in some places. This condensation & frost melts & drips off of the system as water.

So if it's just pure, clean, water you're fine. If it's leaking coolant you need to have thr system serviced by an HVAC tech.

~psguardian

·
Registered
677 Posts
The water is normal. Every cooling system in the world from automobiles to the fridge in your kitchen has water draining from it somewhere. As long as its only water there is nothing to worry about. In fact its a good thing. It tells you that the drain is NOT clogged.

You say its a 2003, and its not getting as cool as you'd like. Perhaps a check up and refill is in order. You may have a leak or may just need to refill the system.

Be careful who you take it too. If they do the job wrong you could end up with no A/C. That's what happened to me and it ended up staying broken for the last 4 years. :x If the VA ever sends me the back payments that I'm owed. I'll be getting it fixed.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for all the comments..i should of re-read what i wrote and how stupid i sounded..i know its suppose to leak water just meant to say its more than usual..sorry bout that...anyways went fishing down in aransas pass and on the way there my a/c went out......awesome.. my 2 yr old son wasnt fussy lol...anyways its still out..most ppl were telling me to check the a/c filter first...anyone know were one is located??

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Check the relay & the compressor clutch. With engine running & hood up have someone push the a/c button, the relay should be clicking with each push on/off. If that is good check to see if the compressor clutch is operating normally. The face of the compressor pulley should be still while the outside spins with the a/c off, & all should spin together as one when a/c is turned on. If the clutch (face of pulley) is moving but not in sync with the outer rim (belt grooves) clutch may be dying, if it doesn't move at all it's likely one of two issues; 1- low coolant level tripped the shutoff switch (saves compressor from running with too little oil/coolant) or 2- power not getting from relay to compressor.

~psguardian

·
Registered
347 Posts
The best thing you can do is get a set of gauges and hook them up to the high/low end and post the numbers here with the compressor RUNNING (The clutch spinning). The gauges are about $100 but you can get your money back when you return them.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok everyone i really thank yall for those who gave really good pointers..

my son andi pushed the a?c button, the relay clicked on and off as it should...

the a/c compressor and pulley were great.. in fact it hasnt worked in two weeks and all the sudden im driving to the dealership to buy a new truck and it just decided to work??? WTH? so i didnt purchase a new truck cause i love this thing...

now the clutch is moving then every now and then it happens to stop,,but im thinking i just need another can of coolantanyone agree?

·
Registered
347 Posts
How often is it turning off/on? If it's fairly often then yes, but you're best bet is to hook gauges up to it and check the pressure while the compressor is running. It's possible there's a leak somewhere. That would explain why it worked in the past and now it's "short cycling" (not having enough refrigerant).

Also, if it just randomly started working again.. It may be an electrical issue. A loose wire or something. Make sure the connection to the compressor is good.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[email protected] i might have to do the gauges this weekend sounds like a good idea...so today i press the a/c button and it didnt kick on..when i pressed it twice it kicked on but no cold air its still blowing strong though..

after work i tried it again and i could hear a quick psst...sound somewhat of a nos sound lol....then it felt like i was having sometype of acceliration problems...so it might be electrical......

its a hedache ill tell you that much...

·
Registered
347 Posts
I had a similar problem on mine.. That psst sound probably came from the evap core. I had to replace my thermal expansion valve.. If you do that, you should replace your receiver/drier as well. Those parts alone will be about $40

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea so i've taking my zoo toget its a/c checked and no leaks whatssoever the condenser isgood aseverything else!! hmm now when i press my relay button it wontkick on ( theclutchthat is) anysuggestions onthe most commmon part electrical wise i can start checking?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.