Isuzu SUV Forum banner
121 - 130 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
Ok, I adjusted the idle down. It seems happy to be at around 1300, but lower than that it wants to stumble. One thing it's going is surging a little (between 1250-1350 or so). It's got some old gas in it, so maybe I just need to burn through that (put some seafoam in the tank?).

I took the weekend and get her cleaned, and all the missing pieces bolted back on (gas thank skid plate, mirrors, front bumper, back bumper). I also swapped the hood for a better (less dented) one, installed my hood scoop, and the Lund visor. The DMV out here it still closed until next week, so I won't be able to get it back on the road until then.

Here's how she sits now:

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I've run some fresh gas through it and the "surging" has gone (though my idle is still a little too high). I believe my dizzy timing is a bit too far advanced (as I get some pinging under hard acceleration).

I had the fuel pump go on me:
20200512_101122 (Medium).jpg

Instead of dropping the tank (again), I opted for the access panel method:
20200517_103209 (Medium).jpg

20200517_104441 (Medium).jpg

20200517_134704 (Medium).jpg

Worked like a charm too! Had everything wrapped up and the truck running again in a couple of hours.
49919125758_0f50166007_o (Medium).jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
Quick update. Everything is working well. Changed out the clutch master (which had been leaking for a while and finally failed).

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
giusedtobe said:
I'm curious where you got the seats on page one? Did they require modification?

Thanks
Alan
Hi Alan!

The seats came out of a late 90's Volvo (a 99 S80 I believe) and I found them on Craigslist. I removed the old seats and the "risers" (the C channel things) and kept the sliders. I then used some steel flat bar and square tube to adapt the new seats to the old sliders. I used grade 8 bolts to hold everything together. Nothing was cut or modified, everything just bolted together.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Nice. Did you know they would fit or just take a swag on em?

If I could find some nice ones like that in tan I'd be all over it. Might have to look at the local pick a part.

BTW only 114K on your trooper......nice.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
I just took a gamble. I figured I could fab up some sort of bracket/adaptor.

Yeah, I've had the truck for +/-23 years, and it spend two large chunks of time parkeked, so that helped to keep the miles low. I've got about 5k miles on it since spring and split my driving time between this, my 88 Suburban, and my 87 Mazda B2200.

121 - 130 of 130 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.