Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the 4 wheel drive light keeps on blinking in my mothers 99 trooper. the 4dr button is not pushed in, and the 4dr stick lever is properly placed. any ideas whats going on here? i recently put brand dunlops on her car. could this have something to do with it? thanks in advance.

·
Registered
192 Posts
jvbWRXsti said:
Hi,
Normally that means there is a problem with the unit. IIRC Pasian here had the same issue. It was stuck in 4wd and would not come out of it. IIRC, the actuator thingy was replaced. It was not cheap and I bet your out of bumper to bumper warr. already. :( PM him for more info.

Good Luck,
Con

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had the same problem once. I hit mine on a rock that just hit the actuator. Could tap lightly it with a hammer and it would disengage, while waiting for the part. The front end was disengaged at the transfer case, so it did no damage driving. Wouldn't want to leave it like that forever, but for the short term it was okay.

·
Registered
126 Posts
there are several things, first thing i would check is the conecter under the right side under the door

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.