Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
I'm putting some finishing touches on the Trooper before giving it to my son. I'm doing all the wheel bearings, seals, cv axles(if they show up), front upper and lower control arm bushings. I've already done ball joints, front and rear shocks(KYB Gas Adjust), sway bar bushings, rear trailing link bushings, lateral rod bushings. My questions are, am I going to be ok putting 265/75r16 tires on without lifting? I know the stock wheels are 16x7, will it be a problem going 16x8? I've read a few posts saying that you can go as high as 285 on the Trooper but I didn't see if that was lifted or not. Also, I'm guessing that going an inch wider on the wheel will just give a wider stance, but will it rub on the wheel well? I know my ignorance is glaring, but I try to learn as much as I can from you guys!
Any advice or helpful hints or reassurance is welcomed!

·
Super Moderator
1,442 Posts
They will work fine. I had that size on my trooper for several years as I got a screaming deal on some slightly used Toyo O/C in that size. I did have a 2" lift via OME rear 929 springs and front adjustment. However, they'll work with a good quality stock ride height (e.g., not drooping/sagging).

Eventually I went back to stock size when those wore out because of price and the instrumentation error (speedo, odo) just annoyed me too much. It's a I think a touch over 4% with that size IIRC.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts