Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where to find detailed instructions on 99 trooper 3.5 v6 DOHC TOD auto trans engine removal and replace? Has anyone done this successfully. Spun bearing on 99 trooper w/ only 73k which seems to be an empidemic amoung these motors. :?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Honestly, I would recommend Either Haynes or Chiltons. Haynes is my fav because it's a lot more in depth than the other but then again when I was in the UK it was about all I could get.

Cris

·
Registered
52 Posts
disconnect engine harness from the PCM not from the engine its the easiest way remove the alternator and a/c compressor and of course fan and radiator disconnect the fuel lines they are at the right side of the tranny remove bell housing bolts remove bolts for engine mounts engine should pop right out of there if its your first one bring your sleeping bag you may need it after doing about ten of these ive got it down to about 6-7 hrs good luck

·
Registered
15 Posts
Trooperz2.6 said:
Honestly, I would recommend Either Haynes or Chiltons. Haynes is my fav because it's a lot more in depth than the other but then again when I was in the UK it was about all I could get.

Cris
Unfortunately, there is no haynes automotive or Chiltons for a 99 trooper.
Check out Helms for service and repair manuals. They are pricey $100-$150 but they are like 3+ inches thick and have a LOT of detailed info and drawings of individual systems. Occasionaly you can find a CD version on ebay. The link below goes to the products Helm's lists for the 99 Trooper.

http://www.helminc.com/helm/Result....dule=&mscsid=9RMML87J5FTS8P6L3AUF4EXUUL625K83

Good luck, I'm getting ready to pull athe motor and rebuild the lower end of my 79 Alfa Romeo Spider. The good thing is no computers or complicated wiring schemes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.