Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like I have the dreaded wiper relay problem on my '99 Rodeo. I emailed Mouser and they are non-stocked and I have to have a min. order 175. I can't find anyone that stocks these relays. Does anyone know where I could pick up two or three?

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Bigboy_3 said:
It looks like I have the dreaded wiper relay problem on my '99 Rodeo. I emailed Mouser and they are non-stocked and I have to have a min. order 175. I can't find anyone that stocks these relays. Does anyone know where I could pick up two or three?
Did'nt know this was a common issue, but then I'm a first gen guy.

Give St. Charles Isuzu a try.

10% off & free shipping.

1-800-727-8066. Ask for Merlin.

If it's a Zu part, he can probably find it.

Jim.

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
Mouser went through them pretty fast for some reason. I bought mine from them in november and they had 68 in stock.

You can also use an NEC EQ1-31000S. Its the same size, pin location, and amperage. It is louder though since its not designed as a quiet relay. You could probably try wrapping some rubber tape around it to quiet it down. The fujitsu ones are actually a smaller relay wrapped in rubber tape then stuffed into the larger case to make them quiet. Mouser has alot of the NECs on backorder but you can probably find them from someone else. They are probably alot easier to find then the fujitsu ones. Mouser does have the NEC EQ1-22111S which is the same except it is a single toggle (Form A) where as the 31000 and the fujitsu are double toggles (Form C). I have seen posts of it working but dont know if it will work for replacing all of the relays. Apparently the NAIS/Aromat CQ1-12V also works but I dont know where to get them.

The problem with ordering from isuzu is that you have to buy the whole box for $200 when you could just replace the 3 relays for $15 + shipping.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. I ordered the NEC ones. $5.04 for three. If it doesn't work I won't be out much. :D I will post after I get them installed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I finally got around to changing out the relays. I used the NEC EQ1-31000S. I replaced the RY2 and the RY4. My rear wiper is now working :D . The intermittent on the front wipers are working, but they park in the upright position. :? Any ideas??

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
Maybe try replacing RY3?

Just a guess since I never really figured out what that one actually did. Thats why I just replaced all 3 of them. I know RY3 has something to do with the wipers, just not exactly sure what.

At least you are on the right path, they actually do something now :lol:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Could it be my very sloppy job of soldering messed up something (the board or the relay)? I read some other posts that said the RY3 was for the rear.

Thanks for the help!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.