Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only goes in reverse. Will work in winter mode third gear. The battery went dead so no codes came up. Changed trannys with another and exact same problem. Tore down 1st trans and clutches look great and so does band. Please help. thinking its solinoid or other electrical?????

·
Registered
12,184 Posts
It would appear that the PCM is not providing the ground necessary to energize the 2-3 solenoid. The 2-3 solenoid must be energized for 1st and 2nd gear operation. In Winter Mode the the 2-3 solenoid is de-energized and the 1-2/3-4 solenoid is energized. Since 3rd gear works it indicates the 1-2/3-4 solenoid is energized and further indicates that power for the shift solenoids and band is present in the transmission because they share a single +12 VDC source.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Buster!!! You seam to know your trannys. The snap on scanner suggested its in the servo circut. The band solenoid tests at18 so I think its ok. Could the 2/3 solenoid be bad or you think its in the PCM? Funny no codes come up on it now the battery is good. If you lived near me I would buy you a beer for your help. THANKS AGAIN

·
Registered
12,184 Posts
I am assuming the problem is on the vehicle side of the interface because you stated you changed transmissions and have the same symptom.

·
Registered
12,184 Posts
The vehicle harness connector for the shift/band solenoid has 4 pins labeled A, B, C, D.
When looking at the connector with the latch facing up :
Pin A is the upper Right***2-3 Shift Solenoid Control
Pin B is the upper Left***Band Solenoid Control
Pin C is the lower Left***+12 VDC for Solenoids
Pin D is the lower Right***1-2/3-4 Solenoid Control

Note: the PCM grounds the Solenoid Control conductor to energize the solenoid.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.