Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm new to this site and so far I've found it very informative.. I need to save up some money so that I can pimp out my Isuzu like many of the members here. Anyways, for some reason the lugnuts on one of my rear tires got loose and it ended up ruining some of my studs and wore out the holes on the rims where they go into.. I had to switch rims and I pounded out the old studs and bought some new ones and this is where the problem is. I can't get the new ones in there. I read somewhere on this site earlier about using an Impact wrench and some spacers to just draw them in and I tried that today, but it didn't work and just kinda caused more problems. I used some washers and an open end box wrench for spacers and an electric impact wrench but it was failure and I'm beginning to get frustrated, I just wanna get this thing back out onto the road. Does anyone who is more mechanically inclined then myself have some pointers, info, or possibly a walkthrough :)

If I were to start removing stuff so that I could just hammer the studs in from behind do I need any special tools?

Any input is welcome and greatly appreciated!! :? :?

·
Registered
297 Posts
What went wrong when you tried to pull it through using spacers and an impact wrench? That is the most common way of doing it, put some washers under the lug nut and tighten it down pulling the stud into its hole.

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
An electic impact might not have enough power to draw the studs in. They dont have nearly as much power as an air impact (mine doesnt anyways). You might try a long breaker bar (about 2 ft) or lug nut wrench with a cheater on it. On the only car I've ever done them on I was able to press them in with a shop press but dont think you can do that with isuzu.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually guys, thanks for the responses, like I said they are appreciated, but as it turns out.... we looked the new studs over that Advanced Auto gave us and compared them to the old ones, sure enough, they gave us the wrong ones and they were too big. So the new studs are in and the tire is on!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.