Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got around to taking a couple of pictures of the Rodeo with the grill guard on it. I swear one of these days I'll take some pictures that aren't out infront of my house.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I noticed my parents house has a nice rock out infront so I thought, hey why not drive up it and snap a couple photos, and here's what I came home with.

As of now this is the most "off roading" my car has done. Hopefully this weekend I can get out of town with a friend to a real trail, we'll see how that goes.

I'm also considering painting my current wheels black, here's a photoshop image. What do you all think?

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
I like it, as far as painting them, preping is the biggest part of the job if you want the paint to stick. You might want to see if there is a shop around there that does powder coating. You could get them powder coated and they would look awesome.

I like the black theme.

Joe

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
the black rims make it look like a cop car. i prefer silver. how did you get the lift? would trooper coils give it that much lift?. hot truck!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I just put trooper coils in the rear and then cranked the t bars. This gave me the 1.5" of lift. My tire size is 235/75/15. I was thinking the cop car thing too, but I still like it. I'm still undecided on the wheels.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What boot covers? CV's or what? I haven't done any offroading as of yet, tomorrow morning is my first trip outta the city. And even when I do it's not going to be anything serious, my car is only 2wd :cry: . I have heard that with the t bar lift people do have problems with their cv's.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So yesterday was my first off road experience. It was a ton of fun and I enjoyed every part of it. We went on a trail that is rated a 2 out of 10 but it was plenty entertaining and there were one or two spots that took some finess. There was only one spot on the trail that I couldn't get up and that was because of the lack of 4wd. My roommate got up it with his sisters Mazda Tribute because she has 4wd. All in all it was a good day and I can't wait to get out there again.

This was the place that I got stuck. Too much mud, not enough 4wd.

Sorry about the absurd picture size, I couldn't make them smaller without making them too small.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.