Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Just replaced intake manifold gasket on 99 rodeo and about 40 miles later check engine light came on. Had it read at parts store, came back p1404. Car was fueled up just after repair made but I think the gas cap was put on tight, but not sure.

Does anybody have any ideas where I can start looking?

Thanks

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
Unless I'm mistaken that is the code for EGR. You need to remove your egr valve and clean the valve itself and the egr passgeway.

Here is a page http://geocities.com/endre_rl/isuzufaq.htm

One of the first FAQ's there deals with the cleaning of the EGR.

Joe

·
Registered
591 Posts
Yep. That code is "EGR valve stuck closed". Pull the valve & make sure you can work the pintle up/down. Also spray out the plumbing per Ryan's write-up. Easy fix!!! Only replace that $$$ EGR valve as a LAST resort/when you KNOW it's bad.
G/luck
Joel

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
No, but you are the second person that has said something about the exhaust smell inside the cab???

Joe

·
Registered
591 Posts
99rodeo4*4 said:
would that also cause exhaust smell in the cab?

Thanks
It might. You could have a blown gasket at the base of the EGR valve, or a leak on the EGR feed pipe that goes from the exhaust manifold to the EGR base. There is also a allen head plug on the EGR base that could be loose & leaking.
G/luck
Joel

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.