Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my head gaskets replaced in November and a few weeks later the check engine light came on. Took it to dealership said that #6 cyclinder misfired and they could not find a problem. Said it was ok to drive. CEL would countinue to go on and off periodically. This week engine engine overheated and antifreeze smell and white smoke was coming out of exhaust. Took to dealership, said that they are waiting for an answer to either replace head gaskets again or replace engine. Please help. What do you think needs to be done?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Who replaced the head gasket?

If it was that same dealer I would have them do the work under warranty because obviously they screwed up the first time around.

Are they asking you to pay for this? If you can get a new engine out of this I would go for it. An overheated engine will probably have suffered more damage than a new head gasket can repair IMHO.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The dealership replaced the head gasket the first time. I just talked to them and the said it does not looked like the gaskets failed. That they are leaning toward replacing the engine block. As of right not it is covered and I will make sure that stays covered.

·
Registered
591 Posts
There was a run of cylinder heads on 1998-1999 3.2L's that were found to be defective. IIRC, they had a "K" stamped near the exhaust outlet area. These heads caused severe coolant loss into the combustion chamber & overheating. From what I remember dealers were replacing these heads for free. Hopefully you can get in on that one.
G/luck
Joel

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.