Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,238 Posts
1. Replace the PCV valve (10 bucks, 5 min job)

2. Clean the EGR valve (3 bucks for carb cleaner, 30 minute job), you may also have a pluged EGR tube (which I'm not quite sure how to clean, maybe you can just spray carb cleaner down it?).

3. Add Chevron Techron concentrate (found at target for 8.99), for your next two tanks of gas. Why? There are only 6 holes in the oil rings to drain the oil. In the old 3.2 there was 12. The Techron may help to clean up the holes.

4. replace all the O2 sensors. 4 of them. And they cost a lot. Maybe you could buy some used ones, from the junk yard.

· Registered
1,238 Posts
agoulet said:
Engine seized and now i'm pissed . . .
That sucks! Good thing you have a 00 with the 120k warrenty!

I watch my oil like a hawk! Once a week. I noticed in the last few weeks that I'm buring more oil do to weekend road trips (4 weeks of weddings!), about 0.5L per 1k, when I usually use about 0.5L per 3k.

I think all of the 3.2/3.5 owner of +98's need to keep there rings clean, with things like sea foam and Chevron Techron (I use the Techron every 3k).

Good luck!
-Ryan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.