Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 70K miles and have driven it since 40K miles.

I have heard this is common, but since the vehicle didn't start doing it till just after the warranty expired, I am concerned as to what to do.

I think it is somewhere around 1qt for every 1K miles.

Any advice is appreciated!

·
Registered
808 Posts
Well first off you don't have the 2.6L, you have a 2.2L 4 banger, and secondly it is a common thing for Isuzu engines to drink oil at a rate of about 1qt per 1000-2000 miles, something weird about them :?

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Change your PCV valve it's cheap and you can do it yourself. It's just a hose that goes over to the valve that pushes into the valve cover. Buy a new one.

Next you can try running a can of seafoam (red and white can at Advance or Autozone) in your oil to clean out any sludge. Run the seafoam about 50 miles and then while still warm (not hot) change the oil. Put Mobil One full synthetic 0W-40 if you can find it. This will usually reduce the amount of oil used.

Joe

·
Registered
591 Posts
Thumper- exactly which engine do you have? The 2.2L 4cyl or the 3.2L V6? Like rezkid said, the 2.6L does not exist on 1998+. I've never heard of a 2.2L using oil, it's usually the 3.2L that does. A search for "oil consumption" will yeild a ton of recommendations.
G/luck
Joel

·
Registered
143 Posts
I would guess that most of us have just gotten used to it. Every thousand or so miles I check my oil, it always needs a quart. Runs perfect though, no ticks, 80K.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.