Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My oil pan gasket is leaking, so as a DYI'er I'm gathering info to try to drop and reseal it. I have a 99 Amigo, 5 speed manual, 3" Isuzu lift with the Torsion Bars cranked. 149,000 miles on it and never dropped the oil pan before...Everything seems straight, I don't off road so how difficult is it to remove the cross member/ cross member bolts and put back into place when finished? Has anyone had any experiences where the wheels/frame expand out to where the cross member bolts won't go back into place? Do I need any special tools or just some elbow grease and patience? It would make sense to uncrank the torsion bars to relieve pressure in this area but can anyone confirm? Any other tips or tricks would help unless its just a unbolt, clean and reseal and rebolt job. Much appreciated! Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I've never dropped the oil pan, but loosening the torsion bars should have zero effect on the procedure.

·
Registered
108 Posts
You'll likely find the front differential is a much bigger issue to removing the oil pan than that crossmember. But yes the crossmember comes off easily, its just 4 bolts and its not under any tension or load, no need to loosen the torsion bars

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You'll likely find the front differential is a much bigger issue to removing the oil pan than that crossmember. But yes the crossmember comes off easily, its just 4 bolts and its not under any tension or load, no need to loosen the torsion bars
Thank for your comment but are you sure your information is accurate? I have a 99 Amigo 4x4 3.2 V6 motor...front differential doesn't seem in the way, only the cross-bar. I would assume the oil pan drops straight down? If so, the cross-bar would be the only obstacle in the way.
Is there something I not seeing? (See photo)

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts