Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've read alot about this on the website, where is the "on the fly actuator" i've looked everywhere on the front axle! i'm i blind or what? are there any pictures of where it is on the web? also when i push the 4wd button i can here the clicking on the tranfer case but it's still stuck in 4wd! i've had it serviced (trans fluid, transfer fluid, front & back diff fluid) and it went back to 2wd! but like a big dummy i pushed again and.....yep stuck in 4wd again! please help! also where are the vaccum lines? are they under the hood or under the truck? please help........

·
Registered
53 Posts
Are you engaging and dis-engaging 4wd on pavement? I have had problems dis-engaging 4wd when I accidentally shifted to 4wd on pavement (I was trying to engage cruise-control and hit the wrong button).

I think the tires need to be able to slip a little bit to dis-engage. You might try finding a dirt road or grassy area to dis-engage.

·
Registered
8,073 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
IF your Rodeo is like my Trooper, the SOTF is on the driver's side. Just follow the cv back from the tire. The big lump with with wires and vacuum lines is the SOTF unit. Probably easiest to see from behind the axle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.