Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Im attempting to replace the spark plugs on my baby. After my initial inspection it seems that only one is blocked (Right side, closest to the Firewall) by some pipe with what looks like a blue valve.
Im still rather new to mantinence and this is the biggest thing ive done past a new intake. Having said that im a bit paranoid and dont want to start the job without knowing what goes through that line and how I can get it the fsck out of my way and back in place okay.
Looking at the emisions sticker which has a diagram, i think it might be the evapo line, so i assume it would only be air... But i want to make sure.
If anyone can respond quickly i can get this job done today and be a happy panda.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Grid:

You can get at it with a few swivel sockets and some extensions. You shouldn't have to remove anything. It just takes some playing to find the right combo of tools to get in there. I think I used a 10" extension with a swivel and also a 4" extension on top of that. Once you get in there and start working with it, it'll just hit ya. Also, be carefuly when removing the boots. If they are stuck, just work them gently so your don't tear them.

Rob

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome, im on my lappy in the truck now, so ill let ya know how it goes.
Hehe, im such a geek.

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
Make sure and use some antiseize on the plug threads and some silicone grease on the plug boots. Makes future maintenence much easier.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i got the antiseize in a little blisterpack and i plan to put that on the threads.
but i never heard anything about the silicone grease.
How much do i put and excatly where?

Just got back from o'reilly's where i had to pickup a flex adapter (3 sizes, $6!)

One other quick question, i got these little aluminum washers that fit on the threads with the plugs. do i need them, are they critical? im waiting for my engine to cool down before i do anthing more and im sitting in the truck with my lappy right now. heh.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
woot! All pistons firing!
After some decent wrenching and realising the goodness that is antiseize (looks like the last guy didnt use it). Took 'er for a test drive and she purrs like a kitten.

Thanks everyone for the help. Next step is cleaning out my EGR.... expect a new thread when i realise i dont know what im doing!

-Grid

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.