Isuzu SUV Forum banner

98 Rodeo, low front end, soft suspension

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Kentjoecoo 
#1 ·
I have a 98 Rodeo with a front that sits about an inch lower than the rear and it tends to dive in braking. My mechanic has suggested torsion bar adjustment, possibly spacers, to raise the front end. I am reluctant as I suspect the steering geometry could be altered and the fix for that could be complicated and expensive. I thought a new, firmer set of front shocks would be simplest, cheapest, and probably resolve most of the problem. Any ideas?

#3 ·
New shocks would be a good idea !!! Your more than safe to adj. your torsion bars up a little to, if you want to level out your vehicle. It works out for every 4 turns on the adjuster you gain about an inch. you need to spray your bolts before attempting to turn them. It also helps to jack it up and take some of the weight off the suspension.

Welcome to the planet !!!!

#5 ·
Guys, the shocks have nothing to do with the ride height. Shocks are not supporting the vehicle. Shocks are for a different purpose. If your vehicle sits too low you need the torsion bar adjustment - or replacement - or stiffer bars - this is the only way. The mechanic was right.

#6 ·
Stiffer shocks should help with the nose diving. When my Sensatracs were new, it eliminated it for a while.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.