Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm having a little issue with my stock remote and unlocking my doors. From what I was told, the drivers door should unlock with one push of the unlock button, but with a second push of the unlock button, all the others should unlock as well. If this is true then mine isn't doing that at all.

Is the simple fix to reprogram the remote? Or is there another issue here?

Thanks.

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
Try reprogramming first. Sometimes I have to do mine a couple times if I dont push the 2nd time fast enough. You have it right though, 1 push for drivers door and 2 for all doors. Also, your batteries might be getting weak. I've had to replace mine after a few years. They take easy to find watch batteries.

If you dont know how to reprogram its in the manual if you have one. If not, there is a post for it in the hall of fame section and also in the faq http://www.isuzufaq.com/

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've got a similar problem...

One day I noticed the remote light not nearly as bright. Simple fix - new battery. After the battery change the remote door lock/unlock worked fine for a couple weeks. Then... Nothing. :(

No response with the press of the button. I sat inside the car, locked the doors to set the alarm and lifted up the door lock and sure enough...alarm working, but still no remote. Then... Something. :)

Just out of habit I would press the remote to get into my Trooper. One day, out of no where, it started working again. After a couple weeks of unexplained disfunction, then... Nothing... Again. :(

I've opened and closed all doors, including the hood to inspect the switches. All work fine but my remote does not function as it did, :) then didn't, :( then did again, :) and doesn't again.
:x

Thoughts???

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Check the battery contacts. Mine broke clean off of the board. I resoldered it and all was well for the past 7 years.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Dae said:
Check the battery contacts. Mine broke clean off of the board. I resoldered it and all was well for the past 7 years.
You're referring to the contacts in the remote; right? The remote light up just fine when the button is pressed. Even brighter than before I replaced the battery.

I don't believe I need to reprogram considering it stopped working, then worked, and then stopped working again...

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
If you have tried re programming or another remote and it still doesnt work, it could be the module itself.
Have you tried getting your remote tested at Autozone?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.