Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So first post isnt a happy one. Got back from some offroading yesterday. After parking my rodeo for a few hours got in and drove about 1/2 mile, had to stop because it had comepletly overheated. Checked the rad it was comepletely empty (was full at the beginning of the day). Filled up the Rad and waited a few hours then drove home. Today checked oil, it was thick chocolate milk. So i changed the oil and filter. It is running a lot smoother but pouring out smoke. So havent driven it since, talked to a few mechanics one qouted 450 for work and didnt know for parts. Just wondering how hard it is to get parts? Been thinking about swapping engines any ideas how much that would hurt?

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Depending on how hot the engine was when you filled it after noticing the empty rad, I'd more along the lines lean toward a cracked block, not a head, then agian, I've been wrong before!

·
Registered
555 Posts
trailblazer216 said:
ahhhhhhhhhhh, great, thanks for the input
Im not so certain it is or is not a bad head or block. It had a problem BEFORE you refilled it. That water went somewhere. I would start by pulling that head off and seeing what things look like under there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So an update, it was just the gasket, i stopped driving soon enough to not damage anymore than that. Mechanic showed me the gasket and it was pretty much all open, like the cylinders bleeding into the coolant spaces, if that makes sense. He did the whole gasket kit and a few other things for $635, decent price, but definitely don't want to do that again. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
555 Posts
trailblazer216 said:
So an update, it was just the gasket, i stopped driving soon enough to not damage anymore than that. Mechanic showed me the gasket and it was pretty much all open, like the cylinders bleeding into the coolant spaces, if that makes sense. He did the whole gasket kit and a few other things for $635, decent price, but definitely don't want to do that again. Thanks for the help.
Thats the trick. Too many people keep driving it until it finally just quits. Really,it takes a lot to make a motor just stop going altogether. By that time your often looking at a new motor. Glad your back up and running.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.