Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does the 98 have a removable , rebuild-able module? I know I did the one on my Audi a few years ago through module masters and it works perfectly.
Causes for abs light on I have read on the rodeo are.
1) bad front sensors
2) bad rear sensor ( middle of rear differential)
3) faulty module

The thing is it worked perfectly up until we hooked up a cheap scanner to the system to check for any error codes ( no CEL on then or now) and then it blinked and has stayed on ever since.
it worked once this past winter in the snow........
would not care but my son is selling it due to the poor fuel economy and a long college commute and it will probably be an issue!
Thanks for any thoughts!

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
Has the ABS recall been done on yours? Had mine done when I bought it. They replace the circuit board in the abs module. I believe it was for 98 and 99 model years. Isuzu never really got ABS right anyway, its too touchy. Mine seems to be one of the few that actually work right. Most ppl pull the fuse and the bulb in the dash and just run them with normal brakes.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
whats the story on the recall? Is it just for rodeos or is it for all 98 and 99 model isuzus?

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
I beleive its just for rodeos and amigos. Cant seem to find anything that lists specific models and years for it. Looks to be just '98-99 rodeo/amigo though since they replace the module with programing used from 00+.

JUN 03, 2002 | Recall ID# 41650
Recall Reason SERVICE BRAKES, HYDRAULIC:ANTILOCK
Recall Date JUN 03, 2002
Model Affected RODEO
Potential Units Affected 161927

Recall Summary
ON CERTAIN SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES THAT ARE EQUIPPED WITH AN ANTI-LOCK BRAKING SYSTEM (ABS), THE VEHICLES CAN EXPERIENCE EXTENDED STOPPING DISTANCES IN CERTAIN TYPES OF BRAKING EVENTS.

Consequence
EXTENDED STOPPING DISTANCE COULD RESULT, INCREASING THE RISK OF A CRASH.

Remedy
DEALERS WILL PROVIDE A REPLACEMENT COMPUTER ALGORITHM FOR THE ABS THAT IS BASED ON THE ALGORITHM USED IN ISUZU'S MY 2000 AND 2001 VEHICLES, WHICH HAVE NOT HAD THE PROBLEM. THIS CAMPAIGN WILL BE CONDUCTED IN PHASES, WITH THE MY 1998 2WD VEHICLES COVERED FIRST, SINCE THEY HAVE EXPERIENCED THE MOST PROBLEMS. OWNER NOTIFICATION BEGAN MARCH 20, 2003. OWNERS WHO TAKE THEIR VEHICLES TO AN AUTHORIZED DEALER ON AN AGREED UPON SERVICE DATE AND DO NOT RECEIVE THE FREE REMEDY WITHIN A REASONABLE TIME SHOULD CONTACT ISUZU AT 1-800-643-4070.

Notes
ISUZU MOTORS LIMITED

Read more: http://www.internetautoguide.com/10-12- ... z1NZzLkJZV

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.